Monday, December 26, 2011

Who Gets the Praise?

We ask God for a lot of help...
Help me do well on my presentation. Help me get an A in College Algebra.  Help me impress my boss so I can get a raise. The list goes on and on.

Before you ask God...
Consider who will get the praise and credit, if these prayers are answered? If God answers our prayers and we do well on the presentation, make an A in math class, and finally get a raise; are we going to give God the credit, or are we going to say:
"The presentation wasn't too bad, I did great with no help from anyone!"
"That math test was a lot easier than I thought it would be."
"It's about time my boss realized how important I am."

The truth...
Is that you obviously need to put forth a reasonable amount of effort in everything you do, but we need to realize, every good thing comes from God.
-He is the one who helped you with the presentation.
-He is the one that gave you the knowledge and ability to successfully study for the math test.
-He is the one who put you in the position to receive the bonus or raise.

Our response...
Should be gratitude towards God. He should receive the credit for these things He did for us! In everything we do, give thanks to God! He is around us every moment of every day.

Bible Verses:

1 Thessalonians 5:18   "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (King James - Cambridge Edition)

James 1:17  "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..."  (New International Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment